Izu Garden on Nov. 21.
Pic 1 :Mt. Fuji , Pic 2: Izu Muranoeki
（ 村の駅) which offers local fresh fish and vegitables , Pic 3: Camellia(white), Pic 4: raking , Pic 5: some mushrooms in the turf , Pic 6: Camellia(red)
In the evening, I visited Kannami hot spring bath (函南ユートピア
）. It takes 15 mins by car and the fee is 700 yen for 3 hours. The facility also offers swimming pool, restaurants , rest room , and massage service. Unfortunately Mt. Fuji could not be seen from the outdoor bath, But I could enjoy the spacious bath and relax.
Izu Garden in October
October is the last month of my Izu gardening in 2015. From December to early March , I don’t do any gardening in Izu..
These are some topics in October:
1. The garden’s lawn started to change color from green to yellow as as the autumn nears its peak.
2. Kochia (pic1: the shape is like broom) also turned color green to red .
3. The lilies named Piko , which I bought from Madarao , had bloomed with red , but this flower’s nice looking peak was over.
4. Some trees in my garden rapidly became taller and wider than the previous year. So I had a meeting with Mr Iwano, who is a gardener, and asked him to cut 1 meter or so of all tall trees.
5. I made a big mistake. I used a general weed killer for clover in the lawn last time . So the area become yellow because the lawn also damaged. I hope the area will recover until next spring.
The flower of the entrance in my Yokohama home (Pentas）
Izu garden in September(from 18th to 21st)
I went to my Izu cottage after almost a month. I was very worried about the garden that the weeds were growing and most flowers I planted were dried up. But the situation was not so bad as I expected. The lawn still remain green and flowers were in bloom without water sprinkling. I started to pull the weeds as my first routine work . Then I trimmed the branches of the trees. Finally I cleaned the lawn ground with the lawnmower.
Gardening in July
Rainy season was completely over around July 20th. During this rainy season, the flowers and trees were growing rapidly. Messy weeds were also growing here and there.
Every time when I arrived at the Izu house, pulling weeds was my first work.
I went twice in July. The recent visit 25th-26th was extremely hot so I needed to take a rest every 30 min .During the rest time, I changed my clothes , took some water and salt, and cooled my body using a fan.
■Recent routine work
(Main garden area)
1. Pulling some weeds in turf and in flower beds (30 min)
2. Trim tree branches (30min)
3. Cut the turf in the 4 cm heights and about 70 liter turf will be cut (20min)
(Entrance slope and surrounding area)
1. Pulling some weeds and trim tree branches (30 min)
2. Cut the turf with cutter machine and cleaning the cut leaves(30 min)
■Additional activities when I have time to spare
1. Pulling the weeds (30 min)
2. Cut the weeds by cutter machine (30 min)
3. Clean the garbage yard of weeds and branches
===branches are cut within 40 cm and bundle them using strings.
===harvested turf leaves are put into the garbage plastic bag
(Flower beds maintenance)
1. Check the flowers and add some fertilizers and water if needed
2. Plan the planting flowers in the space for the next time's visiting
(Sprinkle herbicide(weed killer))
1. Some difficult area to remove weeds or messy areas are sprinkle with weed killer.
2. Clovers and other vine weeds are killed preserving the turf using special weed killer.
Izu Garden Plan
Izu Garden in June
Some topics on May 30 and 31
1. My net wear was perfect. In order to prevent insects such as black fly, I wore a net jacket and trousers. In addition, I sprayed an insect repellent on the wear. I put on T-shirt and short pants under the net. But the net protected my skin from insects completely.
2.Most flowers such as ニチニチ草（Madagascar periwinkle) were kept full of vitality even through they were not supplied with
3.MCP(chemicals) was effective to kill trouble-some weeds such as clover and 血止め草（ lawn penny wort) without harming the lawn.
4. Azalea has many species. One of the species is satsuki azalea which is now in bloom (No 3 pic)
Izu Garden on May 16
I left my house at 2 pm and went to Izu
. On the way, I picked up Mr. Hayakaｗa who is my friend from
junior high school times and arrived at about 4 pm. I started to maintain the garden such as pulling weeds and planting some flowers for about one hour. Mr Hayakawa in short pants
, also helped to pull weeds . After took a bath, we had a dinner with beer and shochu (a Japanese distilled alcohol) while talking about our junior high school days and our senior life.
The next day, I mowed the lawn for the first time of this year. He also helped to trim the tree branches and raked and clean the garden with broom. We went back to Yokohama at 2 pm. Later, he emailed to thank me
and also to inform me that he was bitten by gnat (blackfly ). Both his legs were swollen under the knees. I apologized to him for not warning him about insects in mountain areas.
Izu garden in 2015 Golden Week
I went to the Izu garden with my mother from May 1 to May 4. During those days, we were lucky that the weather was mostly good.
The garden now became more colorful, compared during my previous visit last month, March 22, during which it showed colorful, compared to my previous visit last month, March 22, during which it showed only brown and dull colors. Some parts of the lawn are still brown but the most parts are changing into green. Weeds also started growing on the lawn. From this spring to autumn, I will become busy to maintain the garden. I'll go there at least twice a month.
1. Some of the nuisance weeds were clovers and the other vines, but this year bulbous weeds were added.
2. Two deciduous trees were cut and some branches of some other trees are trimmed.
3. Two of cherry trees died.They have no leaves this year.
4. Two flower bed surrounded by timber were made and the soil were changed by mixing with organic and chemical fertilizer.
5. In order to make vigorous trees, I gave follow-up fertilizer to some trees.
6. Wild boar's meat and fresh Japanese royal fern could be eaten at the villa's annual party which was organized by the villa's management office.
7. I repaired the door of the old shed using a piece of timber board and mended the curtain's fray using needle and thread.
8. An IP camera was set. I can see the garden from Yokohama in real time.
Pictures from the IP camera on May 5,2015
Comparison between May 1 and March 22
||Picture taken in May 1(L) and March 22(R)
The First Maintenance of The Year 3.29
Today is the first day of the year to maintain the garden in Izu. On the foot of the Izu Mountains, The cherry blossoms are in bloom, but the garden in the mountain area is still too early to be in bloom. The lawn grass is not yet green, it is still brown. But it was good the tulips have begun to bud and some flowers are in bloom. It was also nice for me that the weeds were not growing due to the cold weather in this mountain area. The only thing I have to work on today is to collect the fallen leaves that piled up on the garden. In order to reduce the fallen leaves, I decided to cut some deciduous trees so I consulted Mr. Iwano --the gardener today, and asked him to cut 2 trees and 3 trees' branches. After that, I planted a Marguerite flower I bought in Tateyama last week.